Information below has been obtained through the Bracknell Forest Council website pages here
Amy I eligible for a Blue Badge?
You may be able to get a Blue Badge if you fall into one of the following categories:
Type 1: ‘eligible without further assessment’
You may be issued with a badge without further assessment if you (or the person you are applying for) are more than 2 years old, and fall within one or more of the following descriptions, where you:
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- score 8 points or more under the moving around descriptor for personal independence payment (PIP)
- are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- have been awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1 to 8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
You will be asked to provide proof of the above on application.
Type 2: ‘eligible subject to further assessment’
You may qualify for a blue badge, subject to further assessment, if you (or the person you are applying for) are more than 2 years old, and fall within one or more of the following descriptions, where you:
- drive a vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate, or have considerable difficulty in operating, all or some types of parking meter
- are unable to walk or have very considerable difficulty in walking because of a permanent and substantial disability
You may be asked to provide medical evidence to support your application.
Children under 3
Children under the age of 3 may qualify for a Blue Badge if they:
- must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty
- must always be kept near a motor vehicle so that they can, if necessary, be treated for that condition in the vehicle or taken quickly in the vehicle to a place where they can be so treated
You may be asked to provide medical evidence on behalf of your child to support the application.
Apply for a Blue Badge
Apply by post
If you are unable to apply online, you can download and print an application form.
To receive an application form in the post please complete our online request a blue badge application form.
Alternatively, you can pick up an application form from our Time Square office.
Send completed forms and supporting documents to:
Blue Badge Administration
Bracknell Forest Council
Adult Social Care, Health and Housing
Please contact 01344 351464 for all organisational applications and enquiries during office hours.
Cost of Blue Badge
A Blue Badge costs £10.
If you need help completing an application form please contact the Blue Badge Administrator.
Timescales for a Blue Badge application
If you meet the automatic (type 1) criteria and provide up to date evidence
Your application may take up to 20 working days (4 weeks) to process. However, we endeavour to process these applications as soon as possible.
Please consider these timescales before contacting us for an update.
If you do not meet the automatic criteria (type 2)
Your application may take up to 40 working days (8 weeks) to process or longer if an assessment is needed.
This applies to all new and renewal applications.
Using your Blue Badge
Information below has been obtained through the Bracknell Forest Council website pages here please follow this link for latest list of approved suppliers.
The Buy with Confidence scheme helps consumers avoid rogue traders by providing a list of reputable local businesses. Approved traders have been checked by Trading Standards staff to ensure their trustworthiness and compliance with the law.
A list of all traders registered on the scheme nationally are on the Buy with Confidence website.
Membership is open to any business within the area of Bracknell Forest. Our document about the scheme gives information on the commitment involved, requirements for membership and fees. You can apply to become a member of the scheme on the Buy With Confidence website.
This directory is for everyone who lives and works in and around Bracknell. If you use adult social care, health care or other help and support services, if you fund your own support, or simply wish to find out more about what services and events are provided in your local community, you can find all the information and advice in one place.
Bracknells carers assessment link - includes am I eligible etc